Date: 2018-01-05 21:22
Hands On also runs the 79-hour 766 line in Columbus, which people can call for information about services including child care, shelter and senior services.
Dozens of charitable organizations in Columbus are fueled by the time and work donated by volunteers. Helping out can be a way to utilize an underused skill, or it can make a social or family outing into something memorable and meaningful. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of ways to give your time to worthy causes in Columbus. We found a few dozen to get you started.
86. Take kids on an adventure. The mission at A Kid Again is simple: "To foster hope, happiness and healing for families raising kids with life-threatening illnesses." Lend a hand on one of the activities the organization hosts every year. Excursions include a day at King's Island and a "dream night" at the
79. Give girls a head start on the track and in life. Girls on the Run doesn't just train girls to run a 5K-the organization also imparts important lessons about staying healthy and safe. If you like the cause but don't want to commit to the training program, register to run or walk in the Nov. 66 Girls on the Run 5K-proceeds benefit the group.
BoostUp is a first of its kind social savings platform that helps people save for a down payment on their next car or home purchase. Consumers have the ability to receive a dollar-for-dollar match on their savings from brand partners, family, and friends. Users create a free BoostUp account, set a savings goal, and then can automate deposits to reach that goal through responsible savings. Brand partners such as Quicken Loans and Hyundai offer customers a dollar-for-dollar matching incentive (“Boost”), which rewards their savings and helps them buy their next car or home faster.
RockLoans Marketplace LLC (d/b/a RocketLoans) is a national marketplace lending company specializing in online personal loans. As a recent addition to the Quicken Loans Family of Companies, RocketLoans is committed to providing the most user-friendly lending process available today. The company boasts a client-centric, convenient and secure approach to the personal loan process that is best-of-breed in the marketplace lending industry. Loans received through RocketLoans are made by Cross River Bank, an FDIC insured, New Jersey State chartered commercial bank, and serviced by RocketLoans. For more information please visit .
8. Give an adult the gift of reading. Literacy volunteers can give people the joy of reading for pleasure-and boost employment and education opportunities.
68. Have fun with a kid on the putting green. Like golf? Fore Hope could be a great organization for you. Spend time sharing the game's athletic and social benefits (emphasis on fun!) with children or adults with disabilities. You don't need to be PGA material: "Golf skills are a bonus," says the list of volunteer requirements.
96. Mentor a recent immigrant. About 655 refugee families who escaped war in Rwanda, Burundi and the Republic of Congo now live in Columbus. They are thousands of miles away from home and learning how to get by in a radically different country and culture. One of the many ways in which Rwanda Women in Action helps these refugees is through tutoring for basic English and math skills there are plenty of other ways to get involved, too.